Getting acne under control can be a difficult and frustrating process. So, to help you have the best chance of soothing your blemish-prone skin, here are some tips from our medical team to help you make the best choices for your blemish-prone skin:
- Avoid picking or squeezing your spots as this usually aggravates them and may cause scarring
- Skin treatments take time. Expect to wait at least two months before you see results. Be sure to take your medicine correctly to maximise benefits
- Do not wait to treat your acne as this could lead to permanent scarring, self esteem problems, and long term even depression. See your doctor if you don't feel that over the counter options are having any effect, there are many other options that you can try if your acne is more severe.
- Some topical treatments may dry or irritate the skin in the beginning. If this happens to you, stop treatment for a few days and then try using the treatment less often before gradually building up again
- Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing too hard can irritate the skin and make your acne worse. Remember blackheads are not due to poor washing. Set yourself up with a good skincare routine, this will help to give your skin the support it needs to repair.